Thursday, February 18, 2010

Perfect Pregnancy

I met her the other day, the perfect pregnant women.

She's actually a friend of mine who I haven't seen in awhile. She's about five and half months pregnant and has not had a complaint. She's a teacher too and one of the first things I asked her was how teaching has been. I know that if I had been in the classroom with my nausea, vomiting, headaches, constipation, farting and extreme tiredness I would not have been loving it. But she's fine. She doesn't even feel pregnant, except of course for her perfectly rounded baby bump. What? Is all I can think to myself...no pregnancy symptoms at all? I feel like I'm starting to discover new ones as time comes on. Nope, none of that for her. She is merely basking in the joy of creating life, she is in fact glowing. Not only has she experienced no pregnancy symptoms, apparently her body doesn't find the influx of hormones and the doubling of blood volume to be problematic in anyway. Dis I mention she is also beautiful.

Her body is thin and her bump is perfect. I still think I look mostly fat and my muffin top cannot be completely attributed to my growing fetus. And this glow thing is no joke, whereas I have blemishes and prepubescent acne, she has gorgeous, clear skin, with actual radiating glow.

I write all this not because I'm bitter or jealous which I kind of am but to give hope to all the women who I talk to and share my personal pregnancy experience with, it's not always like what I have been describing and for many and I hope all of you out there it will be nothing like this. There will be no three weeks of intense nausea or one week of no bowel movements. You may never experience puking down the street while trying to walk home or covering up blotchy skin in the morning.

I wish all my ladies a pregnancy like my beautiful friends, filled with nothing but loveliness and radiance. But you have to admit I have gotten some good stories out of this whole thing, that's something, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jane you always make me laugh. At least you have pregnancy to explain the acne, farting and muffin-top. I'm just... special! :)

    I also would like to contend the glowing comment. Everytime I talk to you I can hear the glow in your voice. So, I'm gonna harass Lou & Meg when they get back from Vancouver to tell me what your glow really looks like cause I think it's there!!

    Love you and so happy to be along for the ride.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you are feeling a lot better. Yes, it's a beautiful stage to be in "preggie dreamland".
    Love you lots, Mom xxoo (two - for you and baby)

    ReplyDelete